My Enclosure

Like all other Human beings i am forced to think good about myself, think about things that will benefit me in any way, mental or emotional... My Enclosure is the by product of the selfish, always demanding me, space to write my thoughts and my opnions...probably when i grow older... i'll have a space that i would call ....MINE.....My Enclosure... my space, my mind, a reflection of ME and only me......

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sinfully Peacefull (1)

This is a while ago.. Almost a good 6-7 months back……I went on an official trip..This was supposed to be work and pleasure both.

The event was an SUV car rally staring from Delhi moving on to rishikesh and stuff…to promote the brand. Since I was the only guy in office besides my Director… I was the lucky one who was assigned to work on it….i made a face about working on a holiday but I knew that I was very happy about it and I knew it was going to be a lot of fun….

So there it was.. I went to Delhi… 2 days before the actually went.. Was working most of the time....then came the rally day... we started our day with a lovely breakfast at Olive... which was yummy...huge spread and really very yummy.....

There were about 13 teams participating including a couple of celeb teams... the interesting part was they were all SUV’s like ford Endeavour, Honda CRV, Pajero, Prado, and a lot more

All teams drove from Delhi to Rishikesh for about 8 hours straight without stopping.... and boy it was soo much fun.,…...actually the car was quiet horrible....cause three people cant sit at the back......too congested.. any case...

While we were going I was part of one of the media team and I quoet enjoyed it. Cause we stopped after every 30 minutes and shot a couple of angles… which was quiet interesting

We parked our cars and the organisers asked us to take our bags and move in a certain direction....it was pitch dark and we culd only see some part of the road cause of a torch... suddenly we see some light.... i see a beautiful; candle lit pathway in pitch dark surrounding guiding us to certain place.... small pebles set the ground while the candles put in colourfull paer bags over some sand laid all the light ......as we moved closer i could here sound of some gushin water....


Suddenly i find myself standing on the edge of a beach..... with fast running... no actually gushing water and these guys loading luggage and people on the raft....and suddenly i realize that the rally has begun... te feeling sinks in... where i start feeling excited yet i am a little scared.....so many thoughts but i dbt know what to do.. i did what everybody did... followed instructions......somebody took my luugage..... threw a life jacket at me... i looked at teh life jacket like a piece of art.... cause i had never worn one.... nooo i am exaggertaing... i wore it easily.....and just went to the guy to make sure it was fitted well.... not so that i look good but purely cause it was supposed to save my life rember............!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways i folded my jeans, and hopped on to the raft.... held on tightly to the saftey ropes.... the guy pushed the raft in to the water and i could feel it... i could feel my fear gripping on to me..... i had this smile on my face which was like a kid who was let loose in this world of excitmenet and adventure.....something he had never faced before... as the nepali guide rafted the boat... i could feel the crrents getting stonger.. my jeans were a little wet by now.... not cause i peeeed into them stupid.. cause the water from the rapids kept coming inside ......we were suddenly out of the blue caught in this big water rapid which just threw us a couple of ffeet away.... luckily on the right side of the raft........my heart beat shot up and my smile became stronger..... i wasnt too sure if i was scared or was i enjoying it.... but i just smiled... and smiled more ... untill the water calmed down and we moved closer to the beach camp.....that is whn i realised that the child in me wasnt scared... wasnt scared at all... its just that the whole ambience away from the bustling trffic and given me some kind of a high.... i felt like i had started to smoke the pot ... and began to enjoy the feel of it......


Continued in Part 2...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home