My Enclosure

Like all other Human beings i am forced to think good about myself, think about things that will benefit me in any way, mental or emotional... My Enclosure is the by product of the selfish, always demanding me, space to write my thoughts and my opnions...probably when i grow older... i'll have a space that i would call ....MINE.....My Enclosure... my space, my mind, a reflection of ME and only me......

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Beginning of a Love Affair……

It’s past midnight and I am as awake as an owl, there is something that’s bothering me today. I am not really sure what it is but I think I know what it is. I think I need to make a confession, ya I think I need to…..

Songs may run away from bombs and bullets, but they have a piercing quality that mocks at limitations of time and space. I guess this is just one of those moments! As Sufi music plays in my background, I write to confess, I write to share…..

I write to discover the beginning of another love affair……


It’s surprising how I hated her the first time I met her, it was a blind date, really. She was hot as hell but she made me very uncomfortable. I just wanted to get away from her, run away from her, I wanted to run back to my world… but I stayed on, and I am glad I did.

I stayed on that evening, she spoke for most of the evening and I quietly listened. As the date moved on she made me feel a little comfortable and a little more. By the end of it, I was smiling. I went home, tucked myself in bed & smiled.

The next few days were rather interesting. There were days when I hated everything about her, her language, her posture, her looks even her non existent energy. But then there were days where I would love her simplicity, her calmness, her sense of being.

“Mohe sood bood na rahi tan man ki, ye to jaane duniya sari
Bebas aur lachar phirun mein, hari mein dil hari” ….Kailash Kher

(Translation)

"I don’t have a sense of being any more, the entire worlds knows it
I roam around helpless and useless, I am in love, I am in love”

There I was, head over heels about her, even before I realized it. In a world where options run out before you can say Hello, it was extraordinarily mind boggling to discover that nature had allowed this sort of perfect symmetry, the epitome of a serendipitous beauty to exist. When I look back I cannot put my finger on the moment when I fell in love with her but I know how it felt. It happened as I spent more time with her, as I matured and became more aware of my feelings.

I would feel a sense of contentment just spending time with her. There were days when I did not do anything in particular and did not want to either.

She looks beautiful against the backdrop of the setting sun. At the end of a long weary day when amber & saffron hues touch her skin, her face glows up in that radiance…hiding in that light some of those lines which are a reminder of the dark times she has seen. Each unfortunate incident etched upon her tender skin has left an indelible impression – each line has a story to tell. Together they all lent a jaded character to her appearance. But I see past those lines and see the beauty in her eyes.

I have to agree, I am captivated by all that is new and exciting. Everyday, after a few minutes spent reminiscing about her, I get back to the humdrum of the day. It’s only when I catch sight of her every morning, I feel an upsurge of all the emotions I fell for her.

I know it’s just a beginning but it feels like an old bond that just was reunited. I don’t know what the future holds for me in this relationship, but it feels right. It makes me smile, it makes me laugh, it makes me feel special every single day.

Just for the record, she is not all that sweet and sugar coated as you think. She acts quiet bitchy at times but she is still the sweetheart. I am glad I met her, I am glad my work got me to this CITY!! :)

Me and her (Delhi) have a long way to go….
This is just the beginning of my love affair with a familiar city still unknown……..





Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mithun said...

hey man I never thought you had so much of emotions secretly piled in some corner of you heart ha!! hmmmm.....

check out my site www.gehnabazaar.blogspot.com

11:05 PM  
Blogger mugdha said...

i really like this one! well written....
:)

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home